Is Nespresso for Business Good Value?
If you prefer to pay a more competitive price for your office hot drinks, and offer your staff and guests a wider choice of coffees, teas and hot chocolate, please do get in touch to discuss the best alternatives to Nespresso.
I am often asked how our range compares with the equivalent coffee machines offered by Nespresso Business Solutions. At the end of the day, all of our buyers are up against the bottom line - so in this post we'll go straight to value - and review how our Flavia and Keurig coffee machines could save you 50% compared to Nespresso.
As with the hot drinks machines we sell, Nespresso Aguila, Zenius and Gemini CS Pro machines are available under a variety of purchase models.
For simplicity, I’ll assume you are buying the machine outright in which case the prices are likely to be as follows:
||Drink Size (Max)
||Grams of Coffee
||Price / Gram
||Price / Cup (220ml)
|Keurig K Cup
As you can see, whilst the headline price for a Nespresso pod is competitive, once you take into account the smaller amount of coffee in the pod, and the fact that the largest drink is only 110ml, it quickly gets expensive:
- The reality is that hardly anyone considers 110ml ‘a drink’.
- The smallest drink sold in a high street cafe is usually 240ml, with a ‘regular’ coming in at 360ml.
- If you put a Nespresso machine in your office, your staff will probably use at least 2 pods each time.
- 2 Nespresso pods is still only 220ml - at a cup cost of 58p.
- This compares very badly to a 360ml mug of Keurig at 32p or 266ml of Flavia coffee at 29p.
- To get close to the Keurig UK serving, and fill up their favourite mug, staff may even use 3 Nespresso pods at a cost to you of 87p!
If you take into account the prices that Nespresso charge for ancilliaries such as paper cups, milk, sugar and stirrers, the price differential is likely to be even greater.
Verdict: Nespresso is likely to cost you roughly twice the price of Keurig or Flavia
If you prefer to pay a more competitive price for your office hot drinks, and offer your staff and guests a wider choice of coffees, teas and hot chocolate, please do get in touch to discuss the best alternatives to nespresso. Remember, we offer a price match promise on Keurig and Flavia, so you can be sure of the best deal from Ratio Vending.
* Price Match Promise excludes Ebay